Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NaPoWriMo # 28 Ahaaa!

Thirteen years spent answering phones
and making others' burdens lighter
shuffling papers and stifling groans...
"What do you do?" I'm a writer.

Office work - administration - by day
and part-time student by every night
a working mom just paying my way,
but being a writer's what feels right.

So in between semesters and exams
Big Ideas plants little seeds of hope.
I water them with such grand plans -
sometimes too much, but they float.

No, the writing doesn't pay the bills
and I can't be certain I'm any good,
but I find my success in little thrills
doing what I never thought I could:

A few good friends and my teachers
have cheered me through the years
but there's one voice in my bleachers
that hollers louder than all my fears:

It wasn't until I heard her say it that
my future ambitions burned brighter-
the question of favourites was asked -
"My mum! She's my favourite writer!"

1 comment:

  1. Aww! If that's not inspiration to keep going, I don't know what is! :)

    ReplyDelete